Core-Vet is a web-based vetting management system, designed to manage the entire vetting process, from notification that vetting is required; to the receipt of an application; to the checking process; through to the post-clearance after-care.
Core-Vet provides a police vetting unit with an efficient and streamlined approach, ensuring that vital vetting data is available and managed appropriately. The system ensures less time is spent on the administration of data and helps to manage the flow of vetting checks and balances required.
The system overview screen presented when entering the system is designed to alert a user to applications that need attention, and prompts when reviews and renewals are due. A traffic light system used throughout the system ensures the status of applications are easily identified.
Core-Vet Online Applications
Core-Vet Online Applications provides the facility for applications to be completed electronically. This module links with the main Core-Vet system and drastically reduces the amount of time taken when processing vetting applications, and also leaves no paper trail.
Applicant information is automatically uploaded into Core-Vet quickly and securely, following approval by vetting staff. Not only does this reduce the amount of time taken to process forms, data quality is vastly improved as the forms will guide the applicant and ensure data is entered in correct formats where possible.
- Core-Vet guides users through the vetting process making it simple and easy to use.
- Online application forms saves time and resources.
- Automatic validation of data provides efficiency savings.
- Core-Vet provides a comprehensive search engine and tasking facility which makes searching through applications and applicants quick and easy.
- Reduces bureaucracy by removing the need to re-type data.
- Manages the after-care process by prompting when vetting information is due for review/renewal.
- Contractor vetting statuses can be securely shared with relevant front desk staff, including photographs to ensure that contractor clearance levels are available 24/7.
- Users are able to build up a complete history of an applicant, which could encompass: previous applications, previous addresses, previous checks/clearance levels and details concerning their relations.
- Accurate audit trails and better case progression, removing duplication of process, delays and inefficiencies.
The Core-Vet database, which allows access by all forces, has proven to be a highly successful means of assurance to each force that external contractors are vetted to an extremely high level of clearance.
Bob Lane, Force Vetting Officer for Warwickshire