COMPACT Sponsors the National Missing Persons Conference 2020
WPC Software is pleased to be sponsoring this year’s National Police Missing Persons Conference on Wednesday the 29th of January, at Hull City Hall.
The previous conference in 2019 was a great success and this year’s event is proving to be just as popular with nearly 370 confirmed delegates in attendance. The conference will also see a large range of organisations exhibiting. These include charities; such as Missing People and The Children’s Society, businesses; such as Motorola and eSafe Global, and Police forces; such as Yorkshire & Humber Regional Organised Crime Unit and the Yorkshire & Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit.
This year’s conference will have the theme of ‘Missing and Vulnerability’ and will see a range of speakers from the world of Missing Persons discussing good practice, and new developments within this essential business area.
Some of this year’s speakers include:
- Chris Rowley, Deputy Chief Constable, Humberside Police
- Catherine Hankinson, Assistant Chief Constable of West Yorkshire Police and NPCC Lead for Missing Persons
- Joe Apps, Head of the UK Missing Persons Unit, NCA
- Mark Donkersley, CEO eSafe Global
- Claire Sands, Howard League for Penal Reform
- Iryna Pona, The Children’s Society
WPC Business Manager, Oliver Clare, will also be presenting on our COMPACT missing persons case management system. Oliver will be advocating local and regional information sharing. A new version of COMPACT will be released later in the year.
We wish to thank the many exhibitors at this conference, who we view as partners working in the field of missing and vulnerable people across the UK:
- Action Against Abduction
- Association of Child Protection Professionals
- Blue Lights Digital
- Catch 22
- Changing Lives Through Changing Minds
- Cunning Running
- eSafe Global
- Howard League for Penal Reform
- Humberside Police Dog Unit
- Independent Care Home Association (IHCA)
- Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC)
- Missing People
- Motorola Solutions
- National Working Group
- National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS)
- Purple Alert
- Safe and Sound Group
- Salvation Army
- Search Dog Heroes
- Shropshire Academy & Learning Trust (SALT)
- Stop & Prevent Adolescent Criminal Exploitation (SPACE)
- The Caldicott Foundation
- The Childrens Society
- The Martime and Coastguard Agency
- UK Missing Persons Unit
- We are Cornerhouse
- Yorkshire and Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit
- Yorkshire and Humber ROCU
The conference would not have been possible without the hard work of Phil Shakesheff QPM, who put a huge amount of his own time into pulling this all together. Phil has long been an advocate of good IT systems and has pushed us to make COMPACT better each year on behalf of his force - West Mercia Police - and the rest of the user group. It is our honour to have Phil's continued support.
We look forward to seeing you there and if you would like more information about the event or COMPACT please see our flyer here or email us on email@example.com.