Inca has been developed in collaboration with Leicestershire Constabulary to administer the issue, return and monitoring of incapacitant spray in a safe, controlled and managed process.
Inca specialises in enabling the management of incapacitant sprays issued to members of the police force. Incapacitant sprays are classed as firearms and as such it is paramount systems are in place to record accountability.
- It enables coordinated, force-wide management of the movement and use of incapacitant sprays.
- Canisters can be tracked on the system at any time, whether they be in storage, transit or with an officer. This provides huge time savings especially when faced with tracking down a faulty batch of canisters.
- A full audit trail means that fewer canisters will go missing.
- A warning facility for canister expiry means that officers will always have safe and functional canisters in operation.
- Issue and training checks prevent users from issuing officers with more than one canister.
Throughout this project WPC software have demonstrated a good working knowledge of the police business and a determination to provide a flexible and practical system. Leicestershire Constabulary is very pleased with the result.
Inspector Martin Mawby of Leicestershire Constabulary