The Shogun system is a solution designed specifically for use by Police Firearms Licensing Departments. It supplies valuable information to support licensing practitioners; includes a management information module; and ensures that the latest data is always available for operational policing activities.
The primary function of the Shogun system is to aid in the administration and printing of firearms certificates and other related certificates and permits. It is an established, user-configurable system for the administration and tracking of firearms, people, clubs and premises.
- The system provides police forces with consistent, detailed, quality information that enables informed decision-making.
- Shogun improves efficiency by reducing administrative effort and routine tasks.
- Allowing out of hours access by operational staff to the database via Shogun Intranet.
- The system allows police forces to gather intelligence and share it with other partnership organisations easily.
- Shogun Intranet is a software add-on product for Shogun customers who wish to make available the information held in their department, but need to be able to safeguard that information and keep it secure.
- Access to a management information module. This package contains a large number of queries and reports, including those required for the Home Office and Scottish Office statistical returns.
- The information on demand facility enables police forces to work more efficiently by focusing on their core responsibilities.